An update to Tribes Ascend is expected to be released on Tuesday, March 12. Expect some server downtime while the patch is deployed.
New Synthrall skin for the Soldier class.
Two new voice packs:
Settings for custom servers are persisted across logins.
Hi-Rez has announced that they are releasing the Game of the Year Edition Patch on 02/15/2013.
Tribes Patch Notes – Game of the Year Edition
- All weapons, classes, perks and loadouts can now be purchased for a single price. The “Tribes: Ascend Game of the Year” package can be purchased in-game, on Steam, or through the Tribes: Ascend Web Store, and will immediately unlock all gameplay impacting items, which includes over 100 weapons, all 9 classes and all 21 perks. As a special bonus, players that are current Tribes: Ascend VIP’s can purchase the Game of the Year package for 50% off by visiting the Tribes: Ascend Web Store and logging in with their VIP account credentials. (Note that VIP status will no longer be awarded to future players of the game, although current VIPs will remain VIPs and will keep the VIP XP and other bonuses).
- Three new CTF and Blitz maps available!
- CTF Bella Omega
- CTF Blueshift
- CTF Canyon Crusade Revival
- Three new Arena maps available!
- Arena Fraytown
- Arena Undercroft
- Arena Whiteout
- Four Rabbit maps have been added to the queue:
- Sulfer Cove
- New weapon available on all classes: Shocklance
- New Skins available:
- Juggernaut’s Forlorn skin.
- Doombringer’s Executioner skin.
Hi-Rez Studios has released a public test server for Tribes: Ascend to allow for the public to test new maps, and weapons. The current patch notes for the Public Test Server can be read here. The current weapon available for testing is the shocklance, there are 3 ctf maps, and 3 arena maps. The CTF maps are a new version of Bella Omega, Canyon Crusade Redux, and Blue Shift. The Arena maps are Whiteout, Fraytown, and Undercroft. Be sure to hop on and try the shocklance and the new maps. Post any feedback on the public test server forum.
You need to be rank 15 or higher to use the Public Test Server you can download the Public Test client here.
We’ve finally got some news on the upcoming patch. Notable changes, CTF Blitz, all the Tribes 2 voice packs including Bioderms. Technician update, including a new Primary weapon, which looks like a modified thumper with burst fire, belt item repair kit, similar to the Tribes Vengeance deployable repairer, and a new turret that fires explosive rocket, also Dangerous Crossing and Permafrost will be added to the quick play rotation
Tribes Ascend Version 1082 is expected to be released later this week. Below are preliminary patch notes.
- A new gametype, CTF Blitz, has been introduced. In Blitz, the enemy flag base moves location each time your team scores, changing routes and requiring varied tactics to win.CTF Blitz is initially played on Arx Novena, Katabatic and Drydock.
- New Technician Weapons and Skin have been added (see below).
- New CTF Maps have been added to the Quick Play Rotation (Dangerous Crossing and Permafrost)
- Classic Tribes 2 voice packs are now available, using the original Tribes 2 voices:
5 male voice packs:
5 female voice packs:
3 BioDerm voice packs
We’ve finally got some news on the upcoming patch. Although these are not official notes, it’s likely that we’ll see the majority of this next week sometime. Some highlights include clan tag support, party support, voice pack additions (including two female options), a new mode called CTF Blitz which will have players moving around more as the flag stands change in location on a per-cap basis. There are also many weapon additions and balances, a major one being an increased projectile size for all spin fusors. Check out the full unofficial notes below.
The next patch is tentatively scheduled to be released sometime next week. We are close to locking the release, but it is possible that some things could fall out, or that the patch could be delayed, based on our testing. We could also decide from testing to change some items — or abort them altogether. Or add some additional items.
You get the picture: Don’t hold me to this.
That said, here are some of the things currently being considered for the patch.
Three new weapons added: The Pathfinder’s Light Twinfusor, the Soldier’s Twinfusor and Juggernaut’s Heavy Twinfusor.
A new gametype, CTF Blitz, will be introduced for a limited time as a Special Event. In Blitz, the enemy flag base moves location each time your team scores, changing routes and requiring varied tactics to win. CTF Blitz is initially played on: