It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:53 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:58 pm 
Runt Dawg
Runt Dawg

Thanks guys, that was the hardest thing to write ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:31 pm 
Dawg medium
Dawg medium

But the next one is going to be harder :D

Good Job man keep them coming!

Can we revive you from the dead?....This is Tribes and you know you re spawn....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:06 pm 
chihuahua
chihuahua

Do you still need that map drawn?

Cause if you do, I'll give it a shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:08 am 
Dawg medium
Dawg medium

Quote:
Do you still need that map drawn?

Cause if you do, I'll give it a shot.

Just.................

No. :cool: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:49 pm 
chihuahua
chihuahua

I knew you were going to say something about that.

:(

You hurt my feelings....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:07 am 
Runt Dawg
Runt Dawg

It was starting to snow on this little frozen chunk of ice. He knew why his father dragged him to this planet, the scum humans that inhabited the little ice planets always fought the hardest. Always seeking the most glory, they chased the humans planet to planet. Bloodred picked himself up of the ground spitting blood onto the ground. He turned to his warriors. “Brothers! I promised you glory, Bloodred promised you battle did I not give you both? The humans who stood against us not hours ago now cower in fear!” Roars from Bloodreds left over warriors echoed all around.

Slathzar one of Bloodred’s most trusted generals approached him and exposed his jugular to him. Bloodred nodded, “Slathzar, I see you made it back into your own skin? What news do you bring from these weak humans?”

“The humans are weak like all humans. They call for back up and general Maximus leads them, and according to my com log link with his ship they will be here within the hour.” Bloodred cursed, cursed again and then stalked off. This wasn’t what he wanted to hear, such a pitiful bunch of humans had caused him much trouble today. He pulled up his own com log, looking around this world for his warriors. He contacted a Strike force ship in low orbit around the planet, giving them the coordinates of Maximus’s ship. Next he contacted the drop ship in high orbit for reinforcements that would be there within the hour.

Turning he saw Slathzar still standing by him. “Blood, while I was in my exoskin the humans called me Beggin. I was trusted and able to move about freely, and while living in that base I was able to weaken a wall, the southern wall, it will fall with a satchel charge. It will lead right to the main hall where most of the humans will be."

Bloodred erupted in laughter, “My general you shall have the glory for that attack, when our reinforcements get here you shall lead the attack driving the humans outside to us, where we will finish this battle.” Bloodred walked over to the human he had stabbed in the skull and pulled his blade from its head. He licked the blade then shuddered. “Humans taste like shi..”
Dunna POV.

I walked through the main hall checking the wounded, making sure everyone had ammo and food. I looked up to see Mom motioning for me to come over, “The meeting is starting, and we have the captains and that Shelly from the star wolf army.” I nodded and followed her to the meeting room. They were already arguing amongst each other. I sat at the head of the table, and listened to them. All the questions leaded to where were our reinforcements? Clicking away at the console in front of me I pulled up a live image of the planet from one of our satellites.

Pulling it up on the main screen there was Maximus’s drop ship, coming under attack by a small bioderm task force. That brought silence through the room. Shelly stood, “Do not worry, that small task force will not stop Maximus for long, it’s only the bioderms trying to buy more time.” Everyone nodded and small talk filled the room. I didn’t think it would be good to mention this to the populace; it would just make the new bloods worry, and the vets wonder. “I say we keep quiet about this for as long as we can, people will just get scared, and we don’t need anybody jumping to conclusions.

The hours slowly creped through, most people began to question they’re reinforcements, some lost hope. It was around noon when it happened, lights cut out, computers turned off. They had lost the generator room. The heavy’s must have fallen to the wave after wave of Derms.
Before anyone could speak they heard the charge of a satchel. The southern wall of the main hall was blown in. Head lights switched and were pointed to the hole, standing inside the base was beggin. He fell to his knees and Mom rushed to his side, before anyone could stop her begins skin melted away, and he grew deformed. He raised his shock lance and shocked mom in the head, she fell hard to the ground. The bioderm laughed “Awww, that’s too bad.” Mortars flew into the hole in the wall past beggin hitting walls and killing people.

“Everyone outside! Out the front door, were sitting ducks in here! We have a better chance outside!” I yelled, and hoped most people would follow me. The heavy’s at the doors threw mortars outside driving away awaiting derms. We arrived in a snowstorm; it was almost to the point where it was a white out. The snow had driven away the mist, and was covering the bodies that had piled up over the night. Mortars hit us from all sides, and I realized they had gotten heavy and medium reinforcements.
Most people soon realized it was a losing fight, goodbyes were given, and some even tried to escape only to be hit with a disk in the back. I looked around in the moment; everything seemed to go into slow motion. I keyed my mic, “It has been a honor to fight with you.”

For a second I thought my brain must be playing tricks on me, I heard the faint whine of a transport coming in through the snow. “Wow Dunna, I can’t go on vacation without you killing off all the derm’s on our planet huh?” That could only be lady’s voice. The slow drawl of Ice Dogs voice came over the mic next, “Dunna I thought you were a hunter son?” Suddenly transports came into view, shrikes following them. People dropped into the battle left and right, and more kept coming. Two tank teams came into lobbing the huge mortars into the bioderm lines. Another female came over the Mic, a young girl, “Ewww I hate derms dunna, who invited them?” Only Pretty Kitty sounded like that.

Several other familiar voices came over the mic, most past Dawgs who had gone onto other clans, but still remained close. And more friends of the clan, it seemed like everyone they knew was here to fight. The fight raged for another hour, and more friends died but less than what would have been before. In the heat of battle I saw Kitty place a disk between the bioderm who was beggin’s ribs. At last the fighting stopped; we walked through the body’s killing off the bioderms who were injured but not dead. At last I came to him; he was kneeling down in the snow, looking up at me defiantly.

In a quick fluid motion he pulled his knife on me, bringing it straight up for my mask. Tsking I took a half step back, grabbed his wrist stopping his arm, and punched his esophagus with my other hand. I watched as he gasped for air, dyeing slowly. I looked down at him and turned away to leave. “Bioderms smell like Shi….”

The After Math.
We gave the humans warriors funerals, and we dumped the derms into a frozen ocean. Everyone explained how they had gotten an alert from Kong asking for help. In the end Kong had gotten us into this mess, and helped get them out, even from the grave. At the end of that battle, they had killed off all derms in the sector, leaving them with peace for the time being. Some say the Rebel Dawgs left that planet to the ice after words. Some say they stay and even strived afterwards. But we know this, Once a dawg always a dawg. Even those who died will be a dawg until the end of time, even those who left will still be able to call on the dawgs for help.

Cooper Burton.

Cooper Burton was born in Hugoton Kansas.
He grew up in Oklahoma, playing computer games since he was 11.
He met the dawgs sometime in the 03-04 years,
And will be a dawg forever.
He is now stationed in Japan where he continues to write short story’s and hopes to write a book someday.
Something new coming soon!

Preview.
“Yeah bout as much of one as you are I figure.” I said with a flat voice. He looked at me with a frown, and bawled his hands into fists. “Where I’m from we don’t like out of towners, they’re more trouble than they’re worth. I don’t think I like you two, who wants it first, cause I swear to god I’ll punch you both right in the mouth. You can call me the brawler.”
Tony and I both laughed, this guy was going to be fun I could already tell. “Let me do this, if you handle it you will kill him, I’ll just embarrass him.” I walked to the top of the steps and bladed myself to him; I pulled out my sword, and held it up in front of me. “C’mon there brawler, they call me the swordsman.” I jumped up from the top of the steps bringing my sword down fast toward his head.
I pulled it to the last minute to stop from hurting him, I landed on the step in front of him and grinned, I looked to see him standing to the side, and see his fist connect with my face. It hurt, more than any normal punch would. He laughed, “You like my stage one left hook don’t you? That was just my left too.” I swung my sword at his face, and connected with the flat of my blade to the side of his head, he danced back out of range, all the time quick on his feet even though we were on the stairs.
The grin on his face was starting to make me mad, so I rushed forwards swinging my sword. He ducked and dodged every swing, even deflecting a few with a well aimed punch. We were soon found ourselves at the top of the stairs and on even ground, he had pushed me back with his punches and I was cornered against the wall.
I looked around and saw Tony with his M9 in his hand slinging it around like a gun slinger. “Okay, I think it’s time to end this. I’ve had fun but let’s step it up a notch.” I quickly pulled forth my second stage Katana; his hands started glowing a dark blue color.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:15 pm 
Council Member
Council Member

Beggin's gonna be mad at you! :lol:

Cool story bro! :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:57 am 
Old Dawg
Old Dawg

In the Aftermath paragraph, you used "after word" when you mean to say "afterward"