All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Rebel Dawgs, the story
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:31 pm 
Runt Dawg
Runt Dawg

The events in this story take place at around year 3941
Pics and Information provided by Planet Tribes
Table of Contents

It is the 40th century. On the frontier _wilderzone_ of human space, hardy neo-barbarian tribes compete for possession of new worlds. Tribal warriors enter combat in powered armor, depending on skill and bravery to win glory.

But now the BioDerm Hordes invade tribal space. Though the tribals boast of being the finest warriors humanity has ever produced, they face a genetically-modified race that has literally bred itself for battle. The stakes are epic, and the wilderzone is aflame with a new kind of war.

The BioDerm Hordes

A Bestial Legacy

Genetically modified creatures taking bestial form, the BioDerms were once artificially grown slaves and soldiers who served the Empire. Eventually, they revolted against their owners and seized key Imperial military assets. By the time the Empire recovered and rebuilt its forces from human recruits, the BioDerms had conquered over a hundred worlds. The war quickly ground to a bloody stalemate. Now the Hordes seek to break the deadlock and turn their attention to the wilderzone and the wealth of the tribal worlds.

Starwolf

Sworn to Vengeance

The freedom-loving Starwolf sprang from harsh, mysterious origins. When they exploded into the tribal struggles of the wilderzone, they carved out a large holding with predatory swiftness. In battle, they prefer swiftness over raw firepower, raw courage over advanced technology. Over the centuries, they have penetrated deep into the Hyperweb jumpgates, and so their holdings are more vast and far-flung than any other tribe's

Armor Type
Scout Also known as "Peltasts" or "Lights," these are the lightest and fastest of all the armor types. With light armor, you can fly longer and higher than Mediums or Heavies, but you won't be able to sustain as much damage. You also won't be able to carry some of the larger and more destructive weapons in this armor, such as the mortar. Perfect for flag-capping, laying a sensor network, and sniping. Not the best choice for defending your base, except for around its perimeters

Assault Also known as "Hoplites" or "Mediums," these are an all-purpose armor that can be used for offensive, defensive and mid-field roles. With medium armor, you won't be as fast as Lights and you won't be able to jetpack as freely. But you won't be as limited in weapons department either. Although they can't carry the arsenal that Heavies can, Mediums will be able to carry weapons that can quickly eliminate enemy defenses. Capping a flag in medium armor can be done but is quite challenging given competent opponents.

Juggernaut While slow and vertically challenged, these armors can take a beating. Perfect for base defense. Also known as "Myrmidons" or "Heavies", this massive armor suit can also carry the most devastating weapons found in Tribes 2. Given transportation to distant enemy bases (e.g. via a heavy personnel carrier), Heavies can also be used to inflict major damage to enemy bases and their defense systems.

Rebel Dawgs.

The Rebel Dawg’s are a group of friends who formed to join Rebel Dawg’s. There respectable members of the community, the rebel dawgs have always been apart of the community in one way or nother

Shrike-Classl Fighter
The Shrike is often typecast as an anti-Turbograv vehicle. However, its agility and heavy blasters make it quite effective in a ground support role. It also carries an advance sensor suite that links into the Command Circuit and provices detailed intelligence on enemy movement.

Excelling at shooting down other turbogravs, the Shrike Fighter provides a key defense against air-based threats to tribal ground pounders. The Shrike also includes an advanced AWACs sensor system for added tactical advantage. The Shrike has advanced afterburners which allow it to outrun incoming missiles at the temporary expense of its shield strength.

Crew: 1 (pilot)
Speed: High
Protection: Moderate
Armament: Twin heavy blasters
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Dawg’s by Cooper Burton

Chapter 1
The Commander
I had him locked in my scope, he was high tailing it towards the base opening, there was no way I was letting him live, He was a high ranking Bioderm general, he was in command of the troops that had killed my family, not directly responsible but he had.
A chance to stop them and he let them do it. Enough of a reason for me to kill him. But now the tables had turned, I wasn’t a young cub of 12, I was a fully grown starwolf trained in the art of the sniper rifle, he was jetting toward his base going full speed, I had my rifle scope aimed towards his heart area, 20 seconds till he hit the base, but I wanted him to think he was there home free, 15….10…5, trigger pulled.

I saw him hit the ground and by the way he hit I knew he was dead. Bioderm soldiers were screaming every where and I knew it was time to leave…Oh frack I thought to myself I’m in trouble I threw the sniper rifle and energy pack I had, and grabbed the chain gun and cloak pack I had brought just for this situation, I had 100 yards to go where I had hid my shrike.

Somehow I made it there and my shrike was still intact, I jumped in and as soon as I left the ground I had a missile lock, I was pretty handy in a shrike and on good day I could out run missiles, this was one of those good days I zoomed around hills and lagoons and finally I lost the missile, I took the time to turn on my head set radio and radioed in to my home base “ This is King Kong, I need to get ahold of Base Commander Shelly,” the operator put me on hold.

I waited for awhile but finally she came on, “Kong? Is that you?” she said, “Yes sir, I killed Bloodred, I finally got him” I said. She sighed and went on” yeah we know the bioderms have gone berserk and there heading towards some old friends of yours, and they have huge numbers. There heading towards your old clan the Rebel Dawg’s.”

Frack it. I thought,” sir I talked slowly, I’ve got to go help them they might need me, they do need me,” there was silence, hesitation even, then slowly she gave me the go ahead, I clicked off my head set and started to move to a higher elevation and set a course for River Side Fortress

Well Chapter two up maybe tommorow night if yall like this ive got three pages worth ill break up into chapter, ill keep thinkin up stuff too

Last edited by ]{ing ]{ong on Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:14 am 
Council Member
Council Member

How did I miss this?

Hurry up and add more! :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:56 pm 
Runt Dawg
Runt Dawg

The Dawg’s By Cooper Burton

Chapter Two

River Side Fortress

I kicked my shrike into a higher gear, I was high above the clouds, moving toward a old fortress of the dawgs, we used it every time the odds were against us, But this time we would put the old fortress to the test, It had been 4 hours since I had left, the Battle field were I had killed Bloodred , I turned the nose of my shrike down and began, descending through the clouds, I looked at the landscape and knew I was pretty close to River Run, I hugged the ground looking for any signs of a huge force coming through here but there was no sign yet.

Half an hour later, I was there; I ejected out of my shrike and hit the ground softly using my jet pack. The place brings back a lot of memories, the Dawg’s have fought here many of times; I know the land like the back of my hand. I climbed up this small little hill about 300 meters away, right out of the bases censor range, I pulled out my Sniper Rifle and zoomed in, all and all it didn’t look so good, by the looks of it they had 40 people at the most they were some of the best people and fighters around but it wasn’t near enough.

I was happy to see most of the old gang, Mom was farming and I was happy for that, she’s the best farmer we got and she’s got a heck of a shot with a sniper rifle, CynageN was hopping around, I was happy to see him, he’s one of those people that you want to have your back in a fight. Dunna I saw jetting here and there in his heavy armor, I had to laugh it had been so long since id been able to put a shocklance in Dunnas back I miss it. Beggin was there, Snipeye and several other old names I was happy too see, But we were still missing a chunk of the team, Lady Death our founder was nowhere to be seen Neither where Moose or Mach, they were dedicated team member who would never abandon the clan something must of happened.

Well I said to myself, might as well wake these guys up, I started jetting down the hill gaining speed, Skiing is a easy thing to do for any experienced warrior, and it was a good method of travel for going down hills. I hit the last ditch before the base and gave it everything I had left in my jet back, Soon I was right above the base with 37 by my count, hard trained warriors, on my radio I started hearing them call incoming enemies, I started descending back to the ground and finally I heard Beggins voice cut in on the radio “That’s not an enemies, its Kong!”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:04 pm 
Council Member
Council Member

You'll pay for that remark! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:07 pm 
Council Member
Council Member

YES! i had a line! haha this story is really good keep em coming!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:21 pm 
Dawg medium
Dawg medium

Good stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:13 pm 
Runt Dawg
Runt Dawg

The Dawgs By Cooper Burton

Chapter 3
The Captains Meeting

I landed with a soft thud, A few jetted over to me but many kept on working on what they had been doing, Dunna, Beggin, CynageN, and Snipeye crowded over to me, I shook hands with each of them, It felt good seeing these guys again, these are the guys I grew up with, the ones you knew you were gonna be friends- no not friends these guys where my brothers, when you had saved there life’s and they had saved yours a hundred times over, it goes past friendship, we were brothers in arms.

Beggin opened up the conversation “Kong, how long has it been now? 3 years” before I could answer Dunna broke in” actually its been 4 years on the next full moon” I looked at Dunna and I guess by the look in my eyes he could tell what I wanted to say” I know Kong, tonight were having a captains meeting, and your coming, Go find you an empty room and rest,” I nodded my thanks to Dunna and bid them good bye for now.

I found the empty room very close to the meeting room. It was a small room but very comfortable, I sat down on the chair by a nice big desk and started taking apart and cleaning all my weapons, they would need to be in perfect condition for the fight, I stood in the middle of the room looking at myself through a mirror, there was just one thing missing. I took off my StarWolf military tags and I donned my Rebel Dawg tags, I felt like the old me for one second, care free happy no worries. But I stopped myself, id need to be a killer soon in this fight and I couldn’t be one if I was the old me, I left my room heading towards the meeting room.

I got there as everyone else got there; we filed in the room silent as stone. Not knowing where to stand I stood until there was only a couple chairs left, I sat next to Mom and Beggin. The meeting started but everyone was quite, all eyes on Dunna who sat at the head of the table” Well, guys I know its been rough on us the last couple of years, we’ve had some major losses, but we have had some fun. But soon were going to be put through the worst thing I could ever imagine, I Messaged EWO our main alley, there clan is in the line of the Bioderms path. I warned them to be ready.”

Well I flew right over there base on the way here, it seemed like they were busy, I didn’t stop to chat though I said.” Well that’s a good sign then, they won’t be caught surprised. Kong can you get us any help from the starwolfs”? I smiled, already done Dunna I messaged my commander Shelly, She’s sending us 2 Bomber crews, the best we got and 50 Medium Armor Midfielders that will kill any bioderm and not flinch. There nick named MaM, they are an all women crew and after there done with you, you will be saying yes MaM! I know it’s not a lot but trust me, there the best. But I do have some bad news, Shelly told me how long we have left until they get here, we have until the day after tomorrow, around dawn. ” Beggin had gotten this weird look on his face when I had told everyone about the MaMs. And he spoke up “If we get those MaMs, I have the perfect plan to keep us alive”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:23 pm 
Old Dawg
Old Dawg

Looks good so far. I remember another story being written about a year and a half ago that took place in space (and RD crash-landed it onto the planet).

On an un-related, or maybe related note, anyone working on the History of the Rebel Dawgs yet. This has been a project I've wanted to do, but I keep failing to stick with. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:42 pm 
Runt Dawg
Runt Dawg

The Dawg’s by Cooper Burton

Chapter 4

The Arrivals

Myself, Dunna and Beggin were standing on the old walls of the fortress, they were filling me in on what had happened the last 4 years iv been gone. Finally I asked the question id been dieing to ask since id gotten there, Where’s Lady? Moose and Mach? I could tell it was a touchy subject when Beggin crossed his arms and looked the other way. Dunna turned and looked at me all trace of happiness gone, he took a deep breath and said” well, it was close to a year after you had left, and well I guess you heard about the new armors that came out, the T:V armors, Well they took a chunk of the Dawgs with them and left us, they thought the T:V armors would be best for them, those who didn’t like the idea stayed here with us. We’ve heard nothing from those who left. They haven’t come back at all, no contact from them at all”.

I cant believe it I thought to myself, I plopped down where I stood, “ I had a friend in the army, he tested the armor out for a day, And he dropped it after that first day, he said the armor would be the ruin of us all one day, He couldn’t really put what it was into words but he did say this, the armor made the job too easy, he didn’t have to do anything except aim and pull the trigger, you just get lazy in those things,” I said. I still couldn’t believe they left like that

I stood up, after a few minutes of silence, well the past is the past, and we don’t need them, I said doing my best to sound cheerful. Well Beggin, I hope you know that if your plan doesn’t work, we will kick you out of The Dawg’s before we all die I said. He looked at me like he was going to kill me but before he could say anything his eyes widened and he pointed, out to the valley in front of the fortress, Dunna jetted up to the generator room and hit the switch that turned on the lights surrounding the valley. I couldn’t believe it why were they here, there was quite a bit of them too, I turned to Beggin with a huge smile on my face and said, with them here your plan will defitnaly work.

There Stood Lonewolf, Badazz, And Toe Tag there son, and about 100 other people with them, the hole EWO clan by the looks of it I thought to myself, All three of us jetted down to where they stood, I still couldn’t believe they were here, I had to give Babs a hug just to make sure they were real, The few Rebel Dawg’s who weren’t asleep came out to celebrate, I talked until the fire was dieing, Finally I left for my room, tomorrow would be a very busy day, the last day before the fight.

I Woke up just as the sun was coming up, I had slept in my armor just incase its not comfortable but you learn how to do it when your behind enemy lines for 3 weeks. I gathered my weapons, holstered them and went to find some grub. After I had eaten my fill I went off to find Dunna, He was talking to Babs and LoneWolf, filling them in on Beggins plan, I sat down next to the three of them and waited, they seemed to like the plan and after a bit of discussion they left to inform there captains. Dunna looked at me, and I spoke, Dunna give me the names of your three best fighters, his face tightened as if thinking deep and hard. Finally he spoke three names, Artemisfowl, Gala and Hot Ice I nodded gave him my thanks

Around lunch time, a scout came bounding back into camp the military reinforcements were finally here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:10 am 
chihuahua
chihuahua

You left out Krim the noob. :O Good story so far though. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:36 am 
Council Member
Council Member

Get back in the server sometime nOOb! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:36 am 
Dawg medium
Dawg medium

Very nicely planned out. Wonderful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:56 pm 
Runt Dawg
Runt Dawg

Thanks for all the support guys! ill have maybe 2 more chapters up tonight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:26 pm 
chihuahua
chihuahua

Quote:
Get back in the server sometime nOOb! :lol:
Well, Sunday nights I'm usually working or finishing the weekend's homework. And Wednesday nights...umm, I watch TV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:51 pm 
Dawg medium
Dawg medium

You can be the forgotten dawg....