It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:33 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Interested in joining
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:33 pm 
New Pup
New Pup

I know I am late to the game but I enjoyed Tribes 1. I respect the longevity you have as a clan and would like to join such a classy group.

Warrior Name: CrustySleaze
Game you wish to Play Tribes Ascend (but I am open to more games)
The position you prefer to play: I prefer IoF right now but I am flexible
Email: lowdraghighspeed@aol.com

I am traveling for 3 weeks this coming Monday for my job (Enterprise System Administrator) But I will try to be active in the hotels I am staying in (depending on the bandwidth/lag). I don't travel often but I just happen to see RD was pretty active in a game i was in tonight and wanted to know more.

I spoke to Icedawg (the one pwning me the most).

Thank you for your time.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:01 pm 
Council Member
Council Member

I don't typically handle recruitment but you're welcome to join up, just hop in TeamSpeak with us. Welcome.

View Tribes Ascend stats for CynageN.
"Competition is natural to the ignorant; and cooperation is natural to the wise." - Manly Hall

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:46 pm 
Council Member
Council Member

Hello CrustySleaze,

It is a pleasure to meet you. Thank you for showing interest in the Rebel Dawgs (RD).

As you already know, RD has been around for quite some time. Over the years we have developed some great friendships, so as you might imagine, we are a very close group of people (more like a second family). With that said, we are always looking to meet new friends and develop new relationships.

A couple of important things that you need to know about RD:

* We try to maintain an environment that is suitable for all ages. Therefore, we do not allow cursing or other offensive language (racist remarks, sexist remarks, etc.) in our Teamspeak. This rule also applies to in-game chat while wearing the RD tag.

* All RD members should be respectful to other members and to other players. We attempt to show good sportsmanship while in game. So, try to refrain from taunting other players (of course, playful taunting is fine).

* RD frowns on the use of hacks and scripts that give players an advantage in-game (any game). If you are caught using such things, you will likely be asked to leave RD.

Please take a few moments to look over the About US and the Team Standards sections of our website.

Usually, before we accept someone new into our group, we ask that he or she plays with us a few times while being on Teamspeak. This will give everyone a chance to get to know one another and determine if that person will be a good fit. Therefore, I would like to invite you to join us on our Teamspeak server and in game when you have time. Our group is most active in the evenings between 9 and 11 p.m. eastern time. Although, there are occasions when some members play during the day also (especially me).

Ultimately, the decision to allow you to join is determined by LadyDeath, our clan leader. I will make sure that she sees this post and introduces herself. Other than that, I look forward to meeting you on Teamspeak and in game!

Our Teamspeak 3 info is as follows:

IP Address:ts3.rebeldawgs.com
Port:9987
no password required.

Regards,
Icedog

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:53 pm 
New Pup
New Pup

Thank you both for your warm replies.

I just checked my internet speed in this hotel and it is 261ms and that is without tribes and team-speak up. It looks like i am going to have to wait until this weekend (i fly home Friday and fly out again Sunday) before I can get my tribes fix and speak with you all. I am looking forward to the opportunity to meet some great players and hang out with mature adults. A few more disks to my face cant hurt THAT bad can it?

Respectfully,
Crusty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:57 pm 
New Pup
New Pup

Oh,

A question just popped into my head. I run a minimal tribes.ini file. Is that considered hacking/scripting/modding the game in a negative way toward the clans rules?

Thanks in advance,
Crusty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:16 pm 
Council Member
Council Member

Quote:
Oh,

A question just popped into my head. I run a minimal tribes.ini file. Is that considered hacking/scripting/modding the game in a negative way toward the clans rules?

Thanks in advance,
Crusty
You're good man. We're more concerned with things that automate the game in some way be it aimbot or rapid fire scripts/programs.

View Tribes Ascend stats for CynageN.
"Competition is natural to the ignorant; and cooperation is natural to the wise." - Manly Hall