It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:18 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:02 pm 
Council Member
Council Member

Welcome!

By viewing this message you have brought you and your team one step closer to an exciting, action packed and fun scrimmage with the Rebel Dawgs! Before I lay out some basic info needed from you in order to continue, I would like to take a moment to provide you with some information on our team and give you an idea of the kind of matches we are interested in.

Above all else RD seeks to create a safe and friendly environment for our members and those we play with. We do not discriminate in our servers or our membership based on age, gender, race, religion, skill level or any other criteria. All are welcome.

It is also important to note that RD does not play on a ladder. This is for two main reasons.
Firstly, we have found it to be difficult on the interpersonal relationships of a team.
Secondly, as most of our members spend the vast majority of their in-game time pubbing, we tend to find the restrictions of most ladders to be suffocating.
While we can be (and are) very competitive through experience we have moved away from the world of ladders and much prefer one on one bouts with other skilled teams.

This brings me to my next topic, the kinds of scrimmages we are looking for! Before I begin it is important to note that we are willing to be flexible wherever possible however there are one or two things we do feel strongly about and we ask that you also remain flexible and help us find a compromise that suits all.
As you might expect we would prefer to keep the rule-set as close to pub rules as possible. Within this we can be flexible. We would prefer team damage to remain non-existent. Many of us are not used to its pretense in this game and find it to be difficult to adjust to.
Our other strong request is that the team sizes for this scrimmage be at least 10v10. Simply because we feel that the more players we can field the more fun we have.

And finally, everyone’s favorite topic.... scheduling. As many of our players are based on the east coast and all of us have work in the morning we prefer to set events at a reasonable EST. Generally, the best nights for us are Wednesday and Sunday at 9pm. This is something we can of course be flexible about.

That’s it! You are now prepared (hopefully) to decide whether a scrimmage with us would be enjoyable for you and your team. We hope that you decide it is! Please create a topic in this forum detailing the following info:

1. Clan Name
2. Contact information such as email, messenger, irc.
3. Link to your clans website.
4. Any questions, comments, concerns or special considerations

I will do my best to get back to you as soon as I can through either the forum or private message.

Looking forward to seeing you on the battlefield!!!
-Dragonkingme, <=RD=> Event Coordinator