It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:29 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:48 pm 
chihuahua
chihuahua

I am looking to get a new computer. Does this look like a good deal? Beggin? Cyn? I wish to stay under $2000 for everything,, comp, extended warranty, shipping and tax.. Any help will be greatly appreciated!! :D
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6883220797
or maybe this one?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6883229621

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:33 am 
Council Member
Council Member

out of the two I would go with the CyberpowerPC. Reasons are as follows: better graphics card, faster clock speed on processor, and it comes with a 120 GB SSD. It seems that it is sold out, but there is an equivalent build here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6883227592.

On a side note, if someone were to try and compile a CPU build list for you do you know anyone who would be willing to complete the build for you? You may be able to get the same specs for a lower price.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:48 pm 
chihuahua
chihuahua

I could probably do it.I replaced the motherboard in the one I have now. What would be better? 8gb of 1866 or 16gb of 1600? also, would I be able to add on my existing gtx 680ti as the physx card and use the new gtx 970 for the main video?
would you be available sometime to get on TS and talk about my options?
I am also considering this build from digital storm, lifetime support & 4 year warranty, over clocked

Digital Storm Desktop 713777 1

System Configuration:
Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Cooler Master K380
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0 GHz (Codename Devils Canyon) (Unlocked CPU) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS Z97-PRO (Intel Z97 Chipset) (Features 802.11ac Wi-Fi Connectivity)
System Memory: 16GB DDR3 1866MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 750W Corsair CX750M

Optical Drive: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD (120GB Samsung 850 EVO)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (1TB Seagate)

Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB (Includes PhysX)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio

Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex 240mm Radiator Liquid CPU Cooler (Extreme-Performance Edition)
H20 Tube Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a FrostChill or Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System Selected
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans

CPU Boost: Stage 1: Overclock CPU 4.0GHz to 4.4GHz
m
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows CD)
Virus Protection: FREE: McAfee AntiVirus Plus (1 Year Service Activation Card) (Not Pre-installed) ($35 Value)

Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)
Hide Configuration Æ
99937 -- PROMOTIONAL LIMITED TIME BONUS DISCOUNT: $50 1 ($50.00) ($50.00)
345269 -- PROMOTIONAL LIMITED TIME 1 YEAR WARRANTY UPGRADE ($99 VALUE) 1
Shipping: Shipping Calculator
Subtotal: $2,016.00
CheckoutRecalculate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:27 pm 
Council Member
Council Member

I wouldn't buy the last computer you posted it is overpriced.. I would suggest using the computers you posted as a point of reference for the system specs and using http://pcpartpicker.com/ to price the separate parts and you will find that you will build a similar PC for way less than any of these prebuilt pcs. My current work schedule is crazy and not consistent so I might not be able to hop on ts in the next few days.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:13 pm 
chihuahua
chihuahua

windows 7 home premium? or windows 8.1?
also what is the most important piece of the puzzle? a fast cpu? 4ghz 4 core? or 3.3ghz 6 core? lots of ram?8vs 16 or a better gpu 970,980 or titan? I guess what i am asking is which should I beef up and which can i cut back on to save money?
also help me understand ssd and regular hard drive combo, os goes on the ssd for fast startup and games and other programs go on the regular HD? is the ssd really worth it? should I skip the ssd and just get a bigger hd?
thanks for your help!! or if you feel comfortable with it,, call me when you have a few minutes,, 717-515-3046

I found this deal and I am leaning toward it from cyberpower pc. $2035
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-5820K Six-Core 3.30GHz 15MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011-V3
HDD: 256GB ADATA SP610 SSD + 2TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo [+111] (Combo Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR4/2400MHz Quad Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance)
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock X99 Extreme4 ATX w/Intel GbeLAN, 3x Gen3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 1x Ultra M.2, 10x SATA 6GB/s
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO: EVGA Superclocked ACX 2.0 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (Maxwell) [+257] (Single Card)

I compared these parts using the link you gave me and would only save about $125 dollars which is worth it to me to have someone do it that knows what they are doing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:27 pm 
Council Member
Council Member

Quote:
windows 7 home premium? or windows 8.1?
also what is the most important piece of the puzzle? a fast cpu? 4ghz 4 core? or 3.3ghz 6 core? lots of ram?8vs 16 or a better gpu 970,980 or titan? I guess what i am asking is which should I beef up and which can i cut back on to save money?
also help me understand ssd and regular hard drive combo, os goes on the ssd for fast startup and games and other programs go on the regular HD? is the ssd really worth it? should I skip the ssd and just get a bigger hd?
thanks for your help!! or if you feel comfortable with it,, call me when you have a few minutes,, 717-515-3046

I found this deal and I am leaning toward it from cyberpower pc. $2035
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-5820K Six-Core 3.30GHz 15MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011-V3
HDD: 256GB ADATA SP610 SSD + 2TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo [+111] (Combo Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR4/2400MHz Quad Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance)
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock X99 Extreme4 ATX w/Intel GbeLAN, 3x Gen3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 1x Ultra M.2, 10x SATA 6GB/s
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO: EVGA Superclocked ACX 2.0 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (Maxwell) [+257] (Single Card)

I compared these parts using the link you gave me and would only save about $125 dollars which is worth it to me to have someone do it that knows what they are doing
Personally the performance benefits of windows 8/8.1 are worth it to deal with the lack of a proper start menu, and that functionality can be readded with programs like Start8, ClassicShell. Some games can be CPU or GPU heavy it depends, but if you skimp on a GPU, or even a CPU they can end up being a bottleneck. In all honesty the last PC you posted is a beast, and for that price, and that kind of cost variance I too would choose the prebuilt option because of convenience. That PC would be fairly future proof and run anything you throw at it at max settings.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:46 pm 
chihuahua
chihuahua

thanks Beggin. I really like that last build I posted. But afterward I did some research and I saw tons of bad reviews and horror stories about cyberpower pc. I am really torn on what to do now. :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:16 pm 
Council Member
Council Member

Ibuypower and cyberpowerpc should be fine it has a nice motherboard and you will even be able to upgrade components later down the road... But with those specs that will be a while.... I assume the negative reviews are probably regarding customer service.. My only real concern would be how they would handle returns if the PC they ship you is defective, beyond that Customer Service wouldn't be a concern for me atleast.

Any product regardless of how good it really is is always going to have some bad reviews, hopefully the positive reviews are more than the negative... I have friends who own ibuypower, and cyberpower PCs and never had a problem. I think that I even helped lady pick out her new computer and I'm pretty sure it was one of the two brands..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:24 am 
chihuahua
chihuahua

The bad reviews I saw were mainly about people who received computers that didn't work or broke down shortly after receiving them. then having to send them back, sometimes multiple times at $100 dollars or more shipping charges each time. I guess it's take a chance on cyberpower PC and hope for the best. or go with digital storm who built my current computer 6 years ago whom I had no problems with,, for a lesser computer that costs more..
what would you do?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:04 pm 
Council Member
Council Member

Is there a PC equivalent to the cyber power PC from ibuypower? That digital storm PC is way overpriced.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:22 pm 
Council Member
Council Member

I have a PC from ibuypower that I am very happy with. Sub $1500 and all the upgrade capabilities I could ever want or afford. Definitely worth checking out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:16 pm 
Council Member
Council Member

I have a CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme 5224
Intel Core i7 960 CPU
DDR3 1333 Memory
SATA III Hard Drive
AMD HD 6850 1GB
AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB Pci-e

Purchased it in July of 2011 in order to play Ascend. It has not disappointed me and is still trucking.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:59 pm 
chihuahua
chihuahua

one of the concerns I have about ibuypower and cyberpowerpc is that they only give you windows recovery disks, not the actual windows cd. that and all of the bad reviews I see about computers arriving doa. at least digital storm gives you the windows disks,, but they are over priced compared to the other 2.not sure what to do. oh well i can't do anything until the taxman sends me a check.. my luck all of the sales will be over and the price will go up..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:31 pm 
Council Member
Council Member

with the money you save going with one of the two instead of digital storm you could buy a copy of windows and still be fine ... lol.. but in all seriousness Microsoft provides the Windows 8 ISO for download you could just download that burn it to a disc, and pull the serial key from the side of the case and you won't be missing a windows cd.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:28 am 
chihuahua
chihuahua

I did not know that.. the download I mean. thanks Beggins