It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:36 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:58 pm 
New Pup
New Pup

Shit I'm not sure where to start. I'll just go from the top.
Quote:
O yeah Jesus dude, I just wanted to say sorry for screwing you. By having the same IP as me you are going to have a little harder time, but when ppl realize your arent me, smooth sailing!
Thanks, prick.
Quote:
Well, I'd like to say we believe that, but we've already been tracking you and your alias. So we already know you are one and the same. You know, deception is not the way to earn back respect.
Well fuck you too.
Quote:
anyway even if it wasn't you IamJesus was caught botting on one of the servers so either way he/you were a cheat/and thought we wouldn't catch you.
The only times I've been banned on full is where I've been caught in a range ban on this Lorenzo fool. The only servers I'm banned on I've been banned on since I started playing full weeks ago. So you're either full of shit, or you're going to need to jog my memory.
Quote:
I'm not aware of anyone getting caught with that specific name ... but ya, dozens of other names from that ISP/region. Most confirmed to be Lorenzo and/or his freinds/cousins/lovers/whatever.

Teamspeak is listed as a requirement for a reason here ... mostly because RD is much more than jsut ppl who play a game - actually like ot get to know and talk to the people who join. But it also works for weeding smurfs also. Wink
All I can say is I don't bot. My mic should be working. If you see me playing and ask, I'll pop on your teamspeak and say hi.
Quote:
Also, whenever there is an offending IP, it includes all 4 sets of numbers. Not just the 1st 2. And it IS impossible for 2 PCs to have identicle IPs and operate on the network on the same time. Also, considering the lease time that a PC/router gets on an address it's nearly impossible for 2 people playing the same game to have the same IP. Only exception would be if they were both going through the same router. So......
We don't actually have the same IPs. So the whole discussion is rather pointless innit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:54 am 
Council Member
Council Member

Quote:
---- I'm not sure where to start. I'll just go from the top.
Quote:
O yeah Jesus dude, I just wanted to say sorry for screwing you. By having the same IP as me you are going to have a little harder time, but when ppl realize your arent me, smooth sailing!
Thanks, prick.
Quote:
Well, I'd like to say we believe that, but we've already been tracking you and your alias. So we already know you are one and the same. You know, deception is not the way to earn back respect.
Well ---- you too.
Quote:
anyway even if it wasn't you IamJesus was caught botting on one of the servers so either way he/you were a cheat/and thought we wouldn't catch you.
The only times I've been banned on full is where I've been caught in a range ban on this Lorenzo fool. The only servers I'm banned on I've been banned on since I started playing full weeks ago. So you're either full of ----, or you're going to need to jog my memory.
Quote:
I'm not aware of anyone getting caught with that specific name ... but ya, dozens of other names from that ISP/region. Most confirmed to be Lorenzo and/or his freinds/cousins/lovers/whatever.

Teamspeak is listed as a requirement for a reason here ... mostly because RD is much more than jsut ppl who play a game - actually like ot get to know and talk to the people who join. But it also works for weeding smurfs also. Wink
All I can say is I don't bot. My mic should be working. If you see me playing and ask, I'll pop on your teamspeak and say hi.
Quote:
Also, whenever there is an offending IP, it includes all 4 sets of numbers. Not just the 1st 2. And it IS impossible for 2 PCs to have identicle IPs and operate on the network on the same time. Also, considering the lease time that a PC/router gets on an address it's nearly impossible for 2 people playing the same game to have the same IP. Only exception would be if they were both going through the same router. So......
We don't actually have the same IPs. So the whole discussion is rather pointless innit?
:roll: Well, even if you're completely innocent of the cheating claims, you've proven yourself an unworthy candidate for membership within this post. I don't know where you got the idea that RD allows disrespectful people such as yourself even the slightest chance of membership. On another note, I find it hard to believe from your reaction in this post that you are not cheating. If you weren't, there would be no reason to get frustrated.

View Tribes Ascend stats for CynageN.
"Competition is natural to the ignorant; and cooperation is natural to the wise." - Manly Hall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:25 am 
Runt Dawg
Runt Dawg

Nice job Lorenzo, ruined yet another persons fun with this game. I wish the situation let me take IamJesus for his word that he is not Lorenzo or one of his few close freinds from the same area. But with with Lorrenzo's history of smurfing and trying to deceive people, I hope IamJesus sees that we are only trying to keep hte game clean and protect ourselves from letting such an uncoperative and deceptive person on our team.

Not that it's going to change anythign at this stage as things have gone too far, but some corrrectiosn for you all

1) no one has ever been caught cheating under the name IamJesus, or anything close to it. I double checked the logs and confirmed with Sweets.
2) The IP addresses for IamJesus is unfortunately in the same range as Lorenzo. It's a hugely dynamic range, from one of hte largest ISPs in Canada, serving an area over 700 miles^2 - most of the province of Ontario. IP address can change every few hours.
3) there are no exact matches of IPs from Lorenzo, Jesus playing the game, posting in the forums, or being on teamspeak. Temporily or otherwise.
4) One night both of these people where in our game server (jesus in teamspeak also, silent). Their IP addresses different, but still within that huge dynamic range. Of course, our mistrust of Lorenzo and because of his history of elaborate deception - we beleived that this coincidence could very well jsut have been a setup, engineered by Lorenzo and one of his buddies to convince us that Lorenzo and Jesus are in fact 2 people.

The may very well be 2 different people. They may or may not be freinds participating in a some deception game. This is why I wanted to hear more from Jesus on Teamspeak, so that we could seperate the 2 players with some certainty.

I'm also a bit discouraged that this accusation came out in public forums before we could resolve it by talking ot this individual on teamspeak to confirm his identity. We (sweets and myself, keeping Lady informed) were watchign the situation very carefully. The long silence on teamspeak didn't help appease our worries, however.

So anyway, my appologies to IamJesus if he is really a seperate, unrelated player from Lorenzo. Hopefully, with the facts, he can appropriately direct his anger towards Lorenzo and forgive our mistrust. Also, if he is involved in a deception ... smarten the heck up please, leave us and the game be - free of this cheating and mistrust that your actions generate. Ditto goes for lorenzo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:17 am 

Quote:
Shit I'm not sure where to start. I'll just go from the top.
Quote:
Thanks, prick.
Quote:
Well fuck you too.
Quote:
The only times I've been banned on full is where I've been caught in a range ban on this Lorenzo fool. The only servers I'm banned on I've been banned on since I started playing full weeks ago. So you're either full of shit, or you're going to need to jog my memory.
Quote:

Quote:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

WOW.....you really know how to DESTROY an application...he is probably friending it.....me and my friend in GunZ used to go around and clan hop and be very bad...and it sometimes it would actually break clan up...we would do it on our alt chars....so no one knew it was us.....i feel we have one of those sit going on here......coming from an X bad boy.... :roll:

i do say though i've never done anything quite like this......insulting leader...and asking to join.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:25 am 
New Pup
New Pup

Quote:
:roll: Well, even if you're completely innocent of the cheating claims, you've proven yourself an unworthy candidate for membership within this post. I don't know where you got the idea that RD allows disrespectful people such as yourself even the slightest chance of membership. On another note, I find it hard to believe from your reaction in this post that you are not cheating. If you weren't, there would be no reason to get frustrated.
Right. I've been banned from two of the few decent servers because of Lorenzo, and now I'm having to defend myself against these absurd accusations. You seem to have a very skewed notion of what people actually find frustrating. If I was cheating, this whole witch hunt would actually make sense. But I'm not, and so to have people like you biting at my heels with stupid accusations DOES piss me off.

Thank you PeaceKeeper for being the voice of reason here. You've explained yourself well and I understand where you are coming from. Yes, I'm mostly annoyed with lorenzo and some of that ended up directed at you all, and for that I apologize. But I'm also disappointed with some of the responses from RD in this thread. Specifically, the condescending and disrespectful tone your leader has taken very much puts me off. It is a shame things have deteriorated this way, I had a good time at your practice and you seem overall like a group of nice people. I hope to keep playing on your server, but I'm sure you'll understand and agree with my ceasing application to your clan.

Once again, if you see me playing, ask and I'll join teamspeak. I'd be quite happy to get this whole situation resolved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:08 am 
Council Member
Council Member

Interesting, so you're blaming me for your actions? It's my fault that your whole situation is very suspecious, and also my fault that you don't have the rationality to take care of it in a respectful way? Wrong. Trust me when I say that going about this the way you did does not in any way show you to be a respectful person in the least. Blowing up at the people who you want to join, calling them names etc and then offering to prove that you're not who every one suspects you are is not exactly brilliant. Your chances with this group hit the floor the minute you couldn't handle yourself, no less on an internet forum.

View Tribes Ascend stats for CynageN.
"Competition is natural to the ignorant; and cooperation is natural to the wise." - Manly Hall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:11 am 
Runt Dawg
Runt Dawg

this topic is in dire need of a lock

should have been locked after PK laid it all out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:55 am 
New Pup
New Pup

Quote:
Interesting, so you're blaming me for your actions? It's my fault that your whole situation is very suspecious, and also my fault that you don't have the rationality to take care of it in a respectful way? Wrong.
Please quote the specific words that gave you the impression I blamed you for my actions. At the moment I suspect you are either incapable of rational discussion on this subject or are actively trying to grief me. Please prove me wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:17 am 
Council Member
Council Member

Peacekeeper said it best and I refer back to his post. This is unfortunate if we are, in fact, dealing with two different people. However, I believe this has shown that we are not meant to be teamed up together.

I respectfully appreciate your interest in RD and decline any request or future requests for membership. I wish you well in your search for a good team.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2