It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:57 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:38 pm 
chihuahua
chihuahua

Hey did anyone get in the official closed beta before and has a fileplanet account I can use since they already have the beta? My last resort. :?

Post subject: Reply
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:30 pm 
Runt Dawg
Runt Dawg

Raptor-Patience is a virtue, explore it.

Wait the one week until it's open to everyone. It's not like it's gonig anywhere...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:36 pm 
chihuahua
chihuahua

I know. I just wanted to play even if I can't play online just wanted to try out the stuff. All this excitement and it'll prop turn out to be crap. :(

Post subject: Reply
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:59 pm 
Runt Dawg
Runt Dawg

True, though I've heard mixed reviews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:24 pm 
Runt Dawg
Runt Dawg

Unless they completely change it, it won't be crap. The only down side is that the maps are gonna seem really small once everyone becomes proficient at skiing. But that will change as the community makes more maps. This game is fun. MAs are fairly easy, I get like 3 a map playing with 20+ ppl, and 30 fps. But this doesn't mean its just a huge midair fest. The graphics are spectacular, the heavies look great. The sound effects are stellar, the jets when fired sound like a soldering torch. Its just really cool. With the terrain marcos on the grassy hills look grassy I mean really grassy. This could be the greatest Multyplayer experience ever.

I love this game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:23 am 
Dawg medium
Dawg medium

Ok, after Dowloading the BETA for TV off of file planet I'm going to post my official review! :D

Points That are of the Utmost concern to me.

1)To me, the game moves to fast, not shots, just people. I would feel sorry for anyone who has to snipe a flag carrier on this map, because they move so dang fast.

2)Since everything moves so fast, it would be hard to make team strategies, but I think it's possible for the most 1337 players in Tribes, like <=RD=>! 8)

On a lighter note, some fun/funny things about the BETA

1) I heard someone say in game that the juggernaut looked like some kind of japenese anime reject! :shock:

2) Grappling is so fun, I even grappled on to a moving vehicle, and rode it kinda. The really funny part was that it was in the air!

Though, for me the game is somewhat glitchy (i.e starts shakin in game, I freeze up occaisonally, and ammo sometimes doesn't come out of my fully loaded weapon) it will still be fun for all! For all you people that are worried about instantly becoming noobs when you play, it is really similar to tribes fighting, so nothing to worry about.

And for those of you who don't care about that, but care about <=RD=> surviving, I think you guys can figure it out once the game comes out.

If you have TV BETA, come play with me! I'm gonna be on there alot of my free time! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:33 am 
chihuahua
chihuahua

Well I let it get to me. Needed somethign new on my night alone. So I got the Fileplanet account , Had to Pay :(

Well Ive only played it one night but have noticed changes. The spinfuser doesn't skip off the water no matter what angle your at. Good or bad you decide. I really hate that you float in water and have to aim down to go under. Seems to make the hyped water skiing pointless. Your wearing tons of armor but you float? Figure that one out. Skiing is very easy. Hold the space bar and you start sliding down the hill. But if any of you have played classic and skied fast then try to stop it takes all your jets and a long time. In T:V you let go of the space bar and then friction is back in like 1 second. I'll post other suff but I'm not going to post my review yet till I play some more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:30 pm 
Runt Dawg
Runt Dawg

Yeah the friction returning is very annoying, and makes the movement unbelievable. I don't mind the disc not bouncing or the floating (Though I wish they had a doggy paddle animation :P). As for looking down, you can hold the ski key to sink like a rock.

As for the speed of the game, after three days playing it about 30 hrs (I just love it that much) I think the maps should all be the size of reversion. I watched a person cap on emerald in almost five seconds. I myself only took six seconds to get from flag to flag.

I have found each map has me playing in different positions:

Emerald---Chase/cap (chasing more then capping just cause its more fun)
Isle---HO (There are 15 second routes from either side from the #2 spawn position. I just haven't mastered them yet)
Cavern---HO/cap (After five or so rapes the base D just leaves the flag ungaurded.)
Winterlake---Chase/cap (Same as emerald).

The buddy list works so use it! :D

See you guys in game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:33 pm 
Council Member
Council Member

I signed up and paid the fee, even received a CD key, but I can't download the beta. I constantly end up at the SIGN UP for Tribes Vengence page and its ticking me off!

HELP!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:07 pm 
Runt Dawg
Runt Dawg

Tools>Internet options>Privacy[tab]>(websites)Edit{button}.

Check for the cookies Fileplanet.com, Gamespy.com, and GamespyId.com and make sure they are set to 'allow'. Beyond that I have no clue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:26 am 
chihuahua
chihuahua

On winterlake I'm taking LO more now... it's so sweet... I usually scout it a few lives ahead of time in my fighter, kill turrets and stuff, but after that I go disc them coming out of the base and take medpacks... I was on a 5-6 kills spree last few times I did this.

Otherwise I'm falling into the same playstyles as you John... I do like LO or LMF in the cavern tho. HO on emerald is fun too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:10 pm 
Council Member
Council Member

Thanks Gangsta, It's been a while since I looked at my list of cookies anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:14 am 
Runt Dawg
Runt Dawg

Dun did that work?

And eaz for isle the blood eagle HO route is even quicker, I still haven't perfected it yet (normally can get it three out of twenty times without taking fall damage). The big thing about these maps is if you fly high enough up you can see the routes the devs intended for you to use.

I haven't even tried the tank yet and doubt I will, it seems cheap to me. The best thing is discing fighters (the pod) you get credit for killing the pilot. I do however dislike the the current pub crop flag defenders don't even pay attention to their teams cappers. I got killed just above the flag stand, and HoF didn't even go for the enemy flag (it was inches from him)!?! This is why I'd like to play with some seasoned peoples, such as <=RD=>.

I officially suck at HO on cavern for some reason now. I get seem to get a base to base ski route. How ever I'm still adequate at chasing. I wish the sniper rifle worked better, as it is I have gotten a total of 4 kills with it. So for now I'm stuck with chain and grenades.

I still love this game. I can't wait for the release so I can play on more maps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:15 am 
Runt Dawg
Runt Dawg

oops. interweb hates me. :?

Last edited by BFGanksta! on Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:29 am 
chihuahua
chihuahua

WTF batman, double post, hehe

Cavern HO is a little insteresting, I make it to the base and they disc infront of me making me a rock... i want them to change the impulse of a disc explosion, but I doubt they will. But for the most part besides the lack of a really good route, I'm finding it pretty fun.

I haven't even tried capping on winterlake yet, maybe i'll take a look today.