It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:21 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Map question
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:29 pm 
Runt Dawg
Runt Dawg

I'm not sure the name of it (it evades me right now), but it's the sports coliseum one. Just by looking at it, I think it may be a favourite of mine. It's description kind of reminds me of Firestorm or Minotaur of T2 (basically the constant motion).

Anyone whos played it think this way or another?

Can't wait till tomorrow and get this puppy free :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:56 am 
Runt Dawg
Runt Dawg

Not in the beta sorry.

My favorite map is Isle cause my HO is so good on it. I mean its just devastating. I by myself could keeping the gens down 16 out of 20 minutes.

Emerald is my second favorite because capping and chasing are so easy on it. Granted I have been playing on the noober of servers, as in people that have had the open beta as long as I have. This is a constant action map, even the inventory areas are action packed, it plays like no other map in either T1 or T2 that I can think of.

Cavern is alright but I seem to have forgotten my HO routes, and Cap routes. I need to practice this map more.

Winterlake is big and slow unless you are really really comfortable with skiing, which most aren't yet. Chasing on this map is rather fun, but I can spend the whole time sniping/discing people out of vehicles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:22 am 
Council Member
Council Member

Ganksta - on Winterlake try the medium, energy pack and bounce pad thing. You'll be on the other side of the map in 5 seconds.

The ski routes on isle are really fast. Even though its a big map you can ski it super fast in a heavy. And you can bounce the mortars onto the gen from the top. That's definitely an HO friendly map.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:53 am 
Runt Dawg
Runt Dawg

Mach one thing I have noticed is that Heavy function best in close quarters be at the flag stand or in the gen room. So the outside spam though its effective isn't as devastating as getting inside. Once inside I just mortar everyone till I die. I average about 5 kills per run plus the generator. To counteract the HOs it takes about three mediums in the base or one outside. If my route is ruined I just respawn.

Winterlake gets onesided fast I personally don't care for it much. The vehicles have moved from overpowered to nuisance to annoying. I like to cap/chase and thats about it.